Resources for Equipment Reviews:
- DP Review – www.dpreview.com
- Click here to see the comparison of cameras mentioned in class at www.dpreview.com
- Note: The Digital SLR Cameras are listed on the left side of the list. In General the far left is cheapest and simplest, then moving towards more advanced and more expensive cameras.
- Note: At the far right of the list, I have included some mirrorless camera options. However in general, Digital SLR cameras are superior to compact mirrorless cameras.
- Camera Buying Guides
- Lens Buying Guide
The following is a set of recommendations when buying photography equipment. These are only recommendations. This webpage was last updated Summer 2014.
Data Storage – USB Flash Drive
- Read / Write Speed of 150MB/s or faster
Data Storage – Portable Hard drive
- 7200 rpm drive speed
- USB 3.0 (mimimum)
- Firewire 800 recommended
- Data Transfer rate of 500 MB/s or faster
- Power through USB or Firewire cable
- Recommended to have protective case.
- Recommended to detach cable from hard drive when not in use.